We plan to set out Friday 2/20 ... Now looks it like Sunday

It's Wednesday almost noon on the 18th as I write this.  We have sat moored on the boat through 2 days and nights of southerly winds mostly 10 to 15 knots, occasionally stronger early on when still SE.  It's now down to 5 knots or less and is supposed to be light as it swings west then north.  About 1 am early Thursday it should be NNE at 20 to 25 knots.  This continues through Friday but since it's off-shore and there won't be waves it won't be a problem taking the dinghy to shore.   Actually we have gone to the shore.  The first day Walter went to find out about whether Sue might be coming.  Yesterday I went and there were good sized waves even in the gap in the reef I took the dinghy through.  With our mismatched pair of oars, one not able to fit the oar lock you have in mind the non ideal scenario that having an outboard issue could lead too as the waves were breaking 4 footers or more over the coral reef.  They would likely dump the dinghy over if you were carried over the reef due to outboard issue.  
I guess Walter is going ashore today to get the for sure word on whether Sue is coming or not?  It did not sound like it due to the short duration of her vacation and the high cost of the 2 one way airfares.
The waves are still breaking big on the reef but the wind is very light now.  I don't think I will bother going ashore until Friday the day we will check out and head SW to Rio Dulce.  That would be when I upload this blog entry.  (Actually I stayed on the boat Friday but will upload this and the newer post Saturday the 21st as we are going to town to clear out.)
OK now it looks like we won't set out until possibly Sunday as the winds begin to drop then and the seas will drop as well.  So never mind the title of this blog post.. I'll post it as is when ever I get ashore next.  I'm going to write another about the events of yesterday and how different it is now with the strong north wind.  





Comments