Another Pizza

Last evening we decided to go try a pizza at the nearby Catamaran Hotel and Marina.  It was better than the pizza at Sundog Cafe I think but still lacked ... It was a medium size pepperoni pizza and I doubt there was even one piece of pepperoni per slice of pizza.. Plenty of goey mozzarella cheese though...too much really.  The Catamaran restaurant was deserted so at first we decided to go check out another little restaurant up a creek in the next bay.  That one was devoid of customers as well so we returned to Catamaran.  We sat at the bar as there were other people though we spoke to no one besides the server.  The owner or manager was right next to me.  I asked about wifi and was surprised that at that Hotel/Marina you have to buy time on it?  Or perhaps actual Marina and hotel guests are giving it free?  Anyway he said I don't recommend it as it's not that great.... I think he didn't want to bother though I doubt he would have felt with selling it.  The bar had a big screen TV and was showing The Voice singing competition show.. First TV experience other than a soccer or rugby game since arriving here.. After The Voice it was Fox News and I moved over to sit on a couch until we finally left.  Pretty right wing crowd at the bar it seemed.  
Now I've just one more night on Asperida before taking the 6 hour bus ride at 8 am tomorrow.   The guide book of a few years back talks about taking the 'chicken bus' to Guatemala City but I've looked at the buses and they are big cushy new Mercedes buses these days.  I'll then stay 3 nights and check out the City a little?  I guess it's near the city center and also near the historic part of the city..  Some here at the Marina said I should have spent a couple days in Antigua instead and I had no real argument other than trying to spend less money.  Also now my focus is on spending 5 days reuniting with a best friend from high school I hadn't seen in about 30 years.  I'll stay with he and his wife until I fly to Duluth March 18.


This was taken days ago when Walter was still shopping around for the Marina to call home.  
It's where we sat and ate our pizza though.

Comments