Awesome Dental Experience !

I'm down for an extended visit with my mom to spend Thanksgiving all the way until my flight to Miami December 4th.  During dinner on Monday the 24th I noticed a sharp tooth with my tongue and realized I'd lost part of a tooth or filling.  I was aware of some needed dental work but was not able to get an appointment before my departure.  I decided to put it off until I returned from sailing in the western Caribbean for the winter.

Now in Minnetonka, I looked into what dentists honoring UCare insurance might be near my mom's. I made a list of 3 places and began calling about noon on the second day before Thanksgiving.  Considering I was leaving for Florida the following Wednesday at 4 am, I wasn't really expecting I'd be able to get any dental care on such short notice.  I began each call trying to express my urgent time frame situation  The first 2 places responded rudely actually and seemed overly occupied with the upcoming 4 day weekend off work.  Upon calling the 3rd place...Excel Dentistry in St Louis Park I was greeted by a friendly woman who seemed intrigued with my upcoming winter of sailing.  She said a cancelation had left an opening at 2 pm and if I could make it they will have a look and see what can be done prior to my leaving December 4.  I went in and Natalya got me ready and the dentist Brooke came in shortly.  Sure enough the tooth in question was the lower right premolar I was told needed a root canal by a dentist in Duluth.  They got right to it and I was soon numbed up.  They began the root canal process and at some point capped it off for the night and had me come in the next morning at 7 am to finish.  I also needed a post and core as it was quit a rebuild of that tooth.  Insurance covered the root canal but I had to pay for the post and core.  Between the 2 sessions it must have been about 4 hours of work.   I'll need a crown too at some point and until then need to be careful with that tooth.  I might have Excel Dentistry do the crown upon my return .. I could get the impression made and come down again after the 2 weeks it takes for the crown and visit my mom a second time?

This has been my best dental experience ever!

Comments