Isla Mujeres to Puerto Morelos

After a week at the marina we left Friday. We fueled up then anchored out at Isla Mujeres. We set out at 6 am and ended up motoring the whole way with hardly any wind. It would be cool to stay here a few days. We are only staying the night. The reef is so close you could snorkel to it from the boat. It's clear to me that I'll want dinghy davits on my boat. Our dinghy is up on the bow tied in securely and no simple task to use. A sailboat we met at Marina Paraiso has been here a couple days and is staying yet another...doing it right...not rushing through. I don't mind that we are rushing to Rio Dulce as we sat in Florida 5 weeks and then it took another 3 to get to Mexico from the forbidden island. It sounds like it's less than 30 NM to reach Puerto Adventuras Marina where we will be tomorrow. Hopefully we will stay 2 nights as then it's a 50+ mile stretch to reach the next place to anchor. Another reason I hope for 2 nights is I'm hoping to meet a Facebook friend at the marina who lives in Playa Del Carmen. We are Facebook friends from being advocates of a Natural Law, Resource Based Economy as proposed in The Zeitgeist Movement. She is one of about 40 such people I've connected with on Facebook. I hope it works out.

Sailing past Cancun

Puerto Morelos from the mooring ball

Comments