Punta Allen Fishing Club

This was the place I stayed 2 days after running into Rose and Ross from England. I also ended up catching a ride to Playa Del Carmen with them on Sunday. I'm not sure how many places take credit cards in Punta Allen but this might have been only 1 of 2. Phones are only via radio or satellite and Internet is only via a satellite. Electricity is via a community generator which runs roughly late morning until about noon and again from 5 pm until midnight or so. Of course some businesses and I suppose private homes have their own generating capability?
Where I stayed was really quite nice and the food was really good! I stayed 2 nights and had 2 breakfasts and dinners plus a small load of laundry which came to US $240. So not a cheap scenario though if you have pesos there are certainly plenty of very affordable cabana or camping options. Norma was only paying about 15 pesos a day to camp on the beach with access to the Banjo. That's like a dollar? I was just feeling really lucky to find a comfy place that also served food and took credit cards. They are truly focused on the whole light tackle salt water fishing thing. The owner Pascale a friendly woman from France said it was rare they would have someone stay there who had not come for the fishing. With only 4 rooms each with it's own bath I was lucky as one had just become vacant the day I needed it.

Comments