Corbin 39 . Center Cockpit . Cutter Ketch rig

After the Chaos at the Atlanta Greyhound Station, I was in somewhat of a zombie state when picked up by my old high school friend Arlo. That was on the morning of the 10th and my last real sleep was at the hotel the night of December 7.  Anyway, I caught up on sleep that next night...beginning at 2:45 pm haha.  After a relaxing next day and a lot of talking about sailboats, I mentioned a Corbin 39 CC I’d been looking at online that was located on an inland lake about a 2 hour drive away.  Today we decided to drive down to meet the broker and see the boat on Lake Lanier.  We could not figure out why the owner would have moved this true bluewater sailboat up to this inland lake?  It had previously been down in Stewart, Florida.  Lake Lanier is well away from the coast northeast of Atlanta.  One of the first things the broker talked about was the cost of moving the boat to the coast.  It’s estimated that cost would be $10,000 to $11,000.  It’s clear why the boat remains unsold.  Also the boat’s running rigging is due to be replaced and the time to do that would be when the masts are down.  I’m not really interested in either a ketch rig or a center cockpit boat but I’m looking at a few other aft cockpit Corbin 39’s so I’m glad to have had a look.  It was a nice drive but I won’t be making an offer on this sailboat...

Comments