Missing winter again...

I remember the second time I crewed on a sailboat for the coldest of winter.  We hung out waiting longer than necessary in Boot Key Harbor waiting for a window to cross the Gulf Stream.  Hanging out with the multitudes of sailing winter haters... I was out of place.  

I miss winter .. the early winter ice skating on frozen lakes,  the excitement of each storm and cross-country skiing through the winter woods.. river skiing...snowshoeing.. shoveling...all of it.  Pleasant memories.  I still have my skis, ice skates and skate blades...snowshoes. One day perhaps I’ll stay a winter.. but not in my current living situation.  I live in my attic renting out the main level for income.. with an uninsulated roof it works best to drain my plumbing and turn off the heat.  

It’s 4:15 am and I’m about to take one last shower and drain the plumbing.  I have to catch the Skyline Shuttle to the Minneapolis Airport at 6:30 am... then fly to Florida.

Comments