Monterey

As it turned out weather wise, we could have not stopped here in Monterey and continued on to maximize distance with the weather window. Today was beautiful. Some strong headwinds are coming so heading out tomorrow is out....maybe Thursday? It will be about 113 NM to the next port we may stop, Morro Bay. If the weather allows this time we will likely continue on to Santa Barbara which is a similar distance so 225 NM or so.
This morning Tom was already out and about on his folding bike when I got up. I decided to go for a walk which ended up being to the end of the Monterey Pennisula. There was a nice coastal walkway/bike path. I guess round trip I walked 8.2 miles today.
















I saw 5 sea otters today. That's one more than I saw during my 2.5 month kayak trip up the inside passage of B.C. and SE Alaska.



The main breakwater of Monterey Harbor is covered with at least 300 sea lions. They hop up on some docks in the Marina and even boats they say.






This is from the end of the Monterey Pennisula.



Location:Figueroa St,Monterey,United States

Comments