Anchored at Chub Cay

No photos as Internet is expensive and lacking... I'll eventually add them to the 6 or 7 posts I wrote earlier and am posting now December 27th

We are anchored on the west end of Chub Cay. There's a little marina here and a few houses. I hear a generator perhaps for the community? There is a water tower (rusty) and radio tower with a lot of antenna and dish arrays on it. I suspect I'll be able to email again on Walter's hotspot but no blogging. Two 30some foot catamarans motored to this anchorage and now we are 3 boats. The 2 cats know each other and seem to both have families. They are still flying their yellow quarantine flags. Both launched their dingys and motored around briefly for no apparent reason. Restless kids perhaps? I'm pretty sure there is no customs and immigration here on Chub Island so they can't legally go ashore.

We all took a swim and I toweled off and changed to dry shorts. When I returned to the deck I noticed Candace and Walter were on the way swimming to shore. They've walked a bit on the maybe 100 yard beach fronted by private homes and are now on the way back.

It's after sunset now and 2 more sailboats and a power boat have also anchored.

Happy Winter Solstice to all my blog reading friends... At least it's the 21st of December as I write this.








Posted using BlogPress on my iPad

Location:Chub Cay, Berry Islands, Bahamas

Comments