Arriving to Bimini just after sunset

No photos as Internet is expensive and lacking... I'll eventually add them to the 6 or 7 posts I wrote earlier and am posting now December 27th

The Gulf Stream crossing was about as calm as could be. Winds were zero to 5 knots on our stern. We put out the U.S. Ensign and raised the quarantine flag as we approached the Bimini Islands. The sun set with a couple miles to go. We anchored in 14 feet of water a few hundred feet from the west shore of North Bimini fairly close to the channel between the North and South Bimini's

As I write this, Walter and Candace are clearing us in to the Bahamas and I'm waiting to come pick them up when they return. Walter talked about getting a SIM card for his mobile hot spot so I might be able to email but I'm sure posting on my blog will be when ever I manage to find wifi.? Likely uploading multiple blog posts.

It's calm here exposed and open to our west but we get swell though perhaps more boat wakes almost constantly. So far this morning it's again calm to a very light breeze.

Once cleared in we will go to a nice anchorage and hang a while. I think we might even be putting up the cockpit canopy. Walter wants to install his extensive array of solar panels so we don't have to use the Honda 2000 or at least not as much.








Posted with BlogPress on my iPad

Location:North Bimini, Bahamas

Comments